It’s Thanksgiving! We, as a marketer, consider this as an ideal time to thank all the B2B marketing trends that brought us on several fronts with positive results. Be it content marketing or voice search; these trends have helped most of the B2B companies to engage the customers and reap the desired ROI. Understanding these trends are crucial for businesses as it shows them their current position in the context of where they wish to go and also predict the future based on the insights.
If you aren’t aware of these tactics, this Infographic can be of best help. We have compiled all the top trends in 2019 that are still on course and can have a more significant impact on your marketing outcome.
- Account-Based Marketing
Account-based marketing or ABM is strategic way of targeting high-value prospects with tailored campaigns. In 2019, more and more B2B brands began experimenting with account-based marketing as the reported results were too good to ignore.
- 87% of ROI is delivered by ABM compared to other marketing actions
- 92% of B2B marketers agree ABM is important to their marketing efforts.
- 60% of B2B brands are hoping to implement ABM soon
Be thankful for account-based marketing as it helps you in lead qualification & sales alignment.
- Artificial Intelligence
Artificial Intelligence has already started revolutionizing every aspect of business lives. It has redefined the course of B2B marketing and helped marketers prosper in different segments, such as engaging clients through chatbots, predictive analytics campaigns, and much more.
- AI-driven campaigns attain 3 times the ROI relative to its usage in the marketing mix.
- 70% say AI-powered apps will improve and accelerate the buyer’s journey.
- 30% of B2B firms will use AI to suggest innovative customer experience actions by 2020.
Be thankful for artificial intelligence as it improves customer journey with the best actions.
- Marketing Automation
Marketing Automation allows firms to streamline, automate, as well as to measure marketing tasks and its workflows so that they can upsurge operational efficiency and quickly grow the revenue. It encapsulates everything such as email marketing, analytics, social media, lead generation, and lead nurturing.
- Marketing automation is 451% more efficient while nurturing the B2B leads.
- 63% of firms are outperforming competitors via marketing automation tools.
- Marketing automation amplifies sales pipeline contribution by almost 10%.
Be thankful for marketing automation as it makes your work easier, as well as optimized.
- Marketing Podcasts
B2B brands have recently embraced podcasts as it’s considered as an ideal way to connect with on-the-move auditory audiences. And, it’s indeed working for them as their podcasts are receiving millions of likes, downloads, and shares. Currently, it’s experiencing exceptional growth as a content marketing strategy.
- 42 million people from the United States listen to podcasts weekly.
- 69% of Americans primarily listen to podcasts on their mobile devices.
- 17% of B2B marketers integrate podcast into their content marketing efforts.
Be thankful for podcasts as it establishes your brand as a current and innovative in the market.
- Email Personalization
Email marketing has been rock-solid for B2B marketers for several decades. When personalized, this traditional yet most-effective channel works best for generating revenue. The personalized messaging and segmenting audience helps you better measure as well as predict the campaign success.
- Personalized emails are proven to increase transaction rates by 6 times.
- 58% of the revenue can be generated via segmented and customized emails.
- It results in 29% higher unique open rates and 41% unique click-through rates.
Be thankful for email personalization as it offers the intimacy and relevance for your campaign.
- Customer Experience
The customer experience (CX) has seen a significant transformation in recent years as it is innately ingrained into the customer’s lifestyle and purchasing habits. So, the B2B companies must employ faster problem-solving protocol and extremely more straightforward UX on mobile sites and apps for enhanced accessibility.
- 86% of the audience is willing to pay more for a better customer experience.
- 49% of customers have made impulse purchases after enjoying a great personalized experience.
- CX will overtake the product and price as the key brand differentiator by 2020.
Be thankful for customer experience as it has the potential to double your revenue within a few months.
- Content Marketing
Content marketing helps businesses to differentiate themselves in the current digital environment. Be it written digital contents such as articles, eBooks, whitepapers, or video, audio, and images, the brands have involved themselves in the trend of producing more relevant and unique content online.
- 91% of B2B marketers use content marketing to reach a large number of customers.
- 47% of B2B buyers consume 3 to 5 pieces of content before engaging with a salesperson.
- Overall content marketing costs 62% less than other traditional marketing methods.
Be thankful for content marketing as it helps you attract, engage, and retain the customers.
- Paid Advertisements
B2B companies have found that paid search ads are a quick and measurable way to immediately top in the Google SERPs and stand out from other’s posts. Although it requires you to spend a portion of your marketing budget, ads are more likely to get tractions and drive massive traffic to your website.
- Businesses generate an average of $2 ROI for every $1 they spend on Google Ads.
- Paid search can increase brand awareness by up to 80%.
- Global mobile ad spending is expected to reach $247.4 billion by 2020.
Be thankful for paid advertising as it helps you stay on top of SERPs and gain more visitors.
- LinkedIn Marketing
For B2B marketers, LinkedIn is not just a platform to gain significant knowledge but also helps in social selling to leaders across the industries. Besides, this most popular B2B social media marketing channel provides an excellent way for B2B lead generation. It’s clear that LinkedIn is a supreme distribution channel in recent days.
- 61 million users are senior-level influencers on LinkedIn.
- B2B industries get 80% of leads from LinkedIn.
- 50% of B2B social traffic comes from LinkedIn.
Be thankful for LinkedIn marketing as it helps you target decision-makers in the right place.
- Influencer Marketing
B2B buyers prefer buying from vendors they trust. They want to hear from people that they already know. Influencer marketing helps B2B companies in this area. Brands have realized its value and began collaborating with influential experts for marketing purposes and achieve critical business goals.
- Businesses produce $6.50 for every $1 spent in influencer marketing.
- 94% of marketers using influencer marketing believe it as an effective tactic.
- 40% of the audience say they have bought an item after seeing an influencer use it.
Be thankful for influencer marketing as it guarantees opportunities that you would otherwise miss.
These are the surefire trends that you should be thankful for as they are currently shaping the B2B world. Hopefully, embracing them in your business helps you reach the marketing objectives quickly.
ITSMA Online Survey, SiriusDecisions, IDC FutureScape, Demand Gen Report, Annuitas Group, Lenskold Group, Forrester, Convince & Convert, Marketing Charts, Campaign Monitor, Data & Marketing Association (DMA), Experian, SuperOffice, Segment, Walker Information, Content Marketing Institute (CMI), Curata, Demand Metric, Connext Digital, Social Media Today, Tap Influence