The bad news is your email contact changes as people in your list change jobs from one company to another. It is impossible for you to know about it. You are in an illusion that your email list is perfect and does not need an update. But you have no idea that such a thing has happened.
More than just having an email list, it’s very important for you to grow the list periodically.
If you are not working towards building an email list and if you’re running out of ideas, here are 14 simple ways to grow your email list.
- Create an exceptional email content
Always remember that, the content that you wish to mail your customer must be effective and to the point. A long explanation of your product will make the readers lose interest.
- Make your present subscribers share and forward your emails
Your content should be exceptionally good when you’re promoting your products and services to your prospective clients. The contact must be so effective that, your customer must feel the urge to forward that to his family and friends, who does not exist in your email list. That’s effective your email content must be.
- Promote an online contest
- Firstly promoting your product on social media is the best option.
- Try to provide your customers with free giveaway and have entrants sign up or submit using their email address.
Apart from these, there are also a few other things that the marketer has to consider.
- Make your content more personal than making it general. However, everyone likes to be given that personal importance.
- Boost up your email list through an opt-in campaign.
- At the end of the your email, add a link so that it connects them to your employees, which in turn helps them to sign-up for your mailing list.
With the content, there are few things to keep in mind, they are:
- Provide free ebook and whitepaper in exchange of visitor’s email address.
- Help your customers sign-up through a free online portal and tools.
Social media plays a vital role in building your email list. Here is how,
- Use twitter to promote some of the best offers.
- Use your personal Facebook page to promote your offers. Here make sure you let your customers proceed only by submitting their email address.
- Provide a call-for-action button on the top of your Facebook page.
- Have a Linkedin official business page.
- Pintrest is another easy way to promote your product as people follow their favorites and at the same time get more contacts.
- Use YouTube wisely. Make a small promotional video of your products and services and upload them on YouTube. Make sure the videos are interesting, so that you customers wish to view more of your company’s videos.