Well, the weather in the world of “web” is creating quiet a buzz, so this time I have decided to inject something “viral”.
Viral marketing is an innovative idea or a technique that you can use to promulgate marketing messages about your company, products, or service to others. Well, you can take it as a phenomenal solution as every dot-com with dreams of materialism gives the impression of being calorie free with no pain/all gain situation.
Going viral is just like being cool, but you can’t make it as the objective goal for your company or product. Viral marketing should be taken as an integral part of a campaign strategy that is used to achieve certain targets or goals
The Idea Behind Going Viral:
The more people see them, the more people use them. This is one of the original classic sorts where the self amplifying cycle takes place. Hotmail would be the best example, which is one of the first free Web-based e-mail services.
Viral Marketing Channels:
- Articles/ebooks – Adequate Information of the particular product definitely gives the better chance to make it popularize among the viewers and users. By this, the users should be permitted to re-copy and post their articles on their sites as long as they link back to their webpage.
- Video – And for those, who don’t want to put themselves reading a mix of fonts, for them videos could be a much better option. Producing online videos with the medium of entertainment can leave a big mark to these kinds of people. After all, entertainment works. (At least to the people like me.)
- Infographics/Print – This latest trend has been evolved over the last few years to a point where the marketing campaign spreads but that doesn’t refer to any product. For example, Shephard Fairey’s poster of Barrack Obama was everywhere, because people chose to spread it. It was a viral and it was marketing because it made an argument, which was a visual one.
Like I said earlier, we have a range of viewers and thus we need to demonstrate intrinsic assessment to the target audience. After all, viral marketing campaign needs to be strategically effective. Campaign themes which can create difference:
- Entertainment – The unit has entertainment value.
- Utility – The unit offers something the reader can use.
- Palpable reward – The unit offers instant gratification.
- Uniqueness – The unit is like nothing the reader has ever seen.
Okay, by now if you are still not very sure of Viral Marketing, then let me tell you few advantages of it.
- Easy to Execute – Sending viral messages through email, instant messaging, and using websites will not consume much time and effort.
- Low-Cost – As compared to sending direct mails, viral marketing proves to be cheaper and more cost-effective method.
- High and rapid response – Even if the responses will not be instantly convert into profits, but there will still be huge traffic that the business will receive which is what most web owners want.
So by now you must be wondering or evaluating the terms and advantages, one last thing I would like to portray. Yes, viral marketing is indeed one of the better tool or mode to market, but like any other tool, proper use of the techniques are necessary.
So, what do you think? Do comment or refer this blog to you friend, after all I do also need that term “Being Viral”.