- May 06
Why take time to scrub the list? An antiquated list is a slow poison. It gives your investment a negative orientation. Just like a healthy lifestyle needing rejuvenation, choreographing a spirited campaign will need frequent updating to invigorate the results. Hence, we relate list scrubbing to spring-cleaning, because less clutter means positive impact.
Scrubbing is tedious, and not knowing where to start may come at an expense. Desperate marketers seek the assistance of list cleaning services where the clients are mostly overpromised, and made to cough up a wad of cash in exchange for service.
Perhaps, lesser known is that the list scrubbing can be done for free or at a fraction of the cost quoted by some service vendors.
Here are some simple steps to improve your sales prospect. An un-scrubbed list can cause immense overhead to campaign marketers making it impossible to do away with additional resources needed to compensate for every bounced email. Try these steps to squeeze extra value from list scrubbing.
- Save your credits by deleting the addresses with a hard bounce response. Money and time shouldn’t be wasted. Keep your list updated to suppress all loose ends.
- The recipients of your campaign materials who do not want to be contacted will convey their disinterest via unsubscribe. It is a clear message they are disinterested. Nevertheless, being clingy will leave you coping up to extra expenses. So, deleted unsubscribed users and move on.
- Avoid presenting yourself as a desperate marketer. Sending repeated emails to the same address will qualify the sender as a spammer. Many spam reports against your efforts will send your goals on a downward spiral.
- Data collation isn’t an errorless process. An occasionally misspelled field can result in non-deliverance of your email. Such flaws are easily avoided by during the form registration process. When the users enter the details twice, the input is confirmed. A double opt-in will also take away the need to validate.
- Identify the dead domain and remove them from the database. An expired domain is a ticking time bomb. Inability to identify them can disable the sender’s deliverability. So, seek out defunct domains that can cause performance sluggishness.
- Set up filters in your database to disqualify any email with generic spam trap signature such as sales@. help@, etc.
- Monitor all opt-in to weed out outdated email address. Old email address heightens the spam trap risk elevating the chances of a recipient reporting the email as spam. The best way to keep the addresses relevant is to make frequent interaction with the recipients. The inclusion of unsubscribe button to allow users an opportunity to unsubscribe.
High-performance lists are periodically scrubbed to maintain a consistent performance.