Are you involved in global business? Do you know the tastes of your followers? If no, this piece of information will help you to get a better understanding of people residing in different demographics. In recent years, everyone is speaking about the death of email campaigning and the rise of social media campaigns. But, reality is far different from the assumptions.
- Apr 22
How do people start their day in different parts of the world? Do you think majority login to social media websites first? The answer is NO.
- In Australia, 71% look at their emails first and only 18% at the social media websites.
- In Brazil, 46% look at their emails first and only 33% at the social media websites.
- In France, 78% look at their emails first and only 13% at the social media websites.
- In Germany, 71% look at their emails first and only 15% at the social media websites.
- In UK, 73% look at their emails first and only 12% at the social media websites.
After looking at the above statistics, do you dare to comment about the death of email campaigning?
Email – Wins the Day
Connecting with customers after business hours is a challenging task for marketers. Many suggest using social media at this stage would change the campaigning share. But, email still holds the key to impact decision makers to go ahead for buying your products or services. Want to know? This is how it goes.
- 47% will use email services in Australia, after business hours.
- 50% will use email services in France after business hours.
- 34% will remain using email services in Germany, after business engagements.
- 47% will remain using email services in UK, after business engagements.
In Brazil, only 17% use email services after business hours and the rest use Social media to end their day.
Email still plays an important role when it comes to marketing and continues to growth. It is also termed as one of the right tool to target right customer. Just keep your email relevant – send right message to right segment of your list. Hunt for new subscriber as they provide the real exposure and promotion to brand which will lead to positive sales.
Therefore, betting on email over social media is not a bad choice and in fact, may turn the other way round. So, just go for it.