- Jun 01
Body language is a gestural communication, where thoughts, perception or intentions are expressed by physical behaviours, such as facial expressions, body posture, gestures, eye movement, touch and the use of space. It is otherwise termed as kinetics.
1. To strengthen your confidence Open your chest and arms and keep your back straight. This position is the best posture that makes you breathe better so you will feel more easygoing.
2. Smile at your audience to make them comfortable Smiling is the most powerful weapon. A smile has special influences that can help you get connected with your audience easily.
3. To get your audience involved competently, gesture with your arms and hands in a natural way and have a contact with your audience in the eye. People tend naturally to pay attention and to like individuals who look them in the eye.
4. to manifest authority, take a pause and use small and stiff gestures. In this way, your audience will be confident on you.
5. To bring movement to your speech use the physical space available and walk it.
If you talk about the first point, then walk a step and talk about the same and likewise move out 2/3 steps and talk about the second point. This way an action that incorporates space will harmonize your speech.
6. to get your audience’s attention, diversify your gestures during your presentation. Like open gesture, small gesture and gestures that associate with your head, arms as well as your hands’ Gesture that involve only your hands or only your head.
7. To draw the attention of your audience to particular aspects of the presentation, point directly at it and look at it on the screen at the same time. Your audience will watch your eyes and follow your finger.
8. To boost your audience participation use open expression and if possible walk around and toward people. Audience tends to be attentive and interested more whenever they find proximity to a speaker
9. To make a difficult question seem simple, pause for a while, breathe slowly (this allows you to think)
And then reply to the asked question while looking the questioner in the eye.
10. If you wish your audience buy your story, use positive gesture, positive notes and. Comply with the body languages such as nodding, open gestures, smiling, mirroring, etc. during the presentation.