- Posted On: Nov 10
- Posted By: John Duff
Email marketing is the lifeline of the entire marketing strategy. This oldest form of marketing helps an organization achieve its goals.
How does it do so?
The process is easy to implement and connect with customers on time. The instant business conversation helps nurture the relationship with the existing customer and win new customers simultaneously.
So, while it has been winning the hearts worldwide, we thought of diving deep to understand its current state. The infographic explains how industries are using this channel, and how email marketing is benefitting them in the current scenario:
Email Marketing Benchmarks by Industry:
- Agriculture and food services:
Open rate Click-rate 23.31% 2.94%
Open rate Click-rate 21.77% 2.26%
- Business and finance:
Open rate Click-rate 21.56% 2.72%
Open rate Click-rate 20.13% 2.49%
Open rate Click-rate 15.68% 2.01%
- Health and fitness:
Open rate Click-rate 21.48% 2.69%
Open rate Click-rate 21.36% 2.13%
Open rate Click-rate 19.82% 2.18%
Open rate Click-rate 25.17% 2.79%
- Professional services:
Open rate Click-rate 21.94% 2.55%
Open rate Click-rate 18.39% 2.25%
Open rate Click-rate 20.92% 2.27%
- Real estate:
Open rate Click-rate 19.17% 1.77%
Email Marketing Benchmarks by Country:
Open rate CTR Global 17.80% 2.60% United States 17.00% 2.50% UK 17.50% 2.40% Australia 18.70% 2.80%
The Top Email Marketing Objectives of Organizations:
- Building brand awareness – 64%
- Communication with prospects – 63%
Interactive email elements of 2020:
- User-generated content
- Interactive images
- Making long-form emails integrated rightly
Email Trends of 2020:
- AI in an email campaign
Challenges in Global Email Marketing:
- 58% of small businesses do not plan for international email marketing
- 21% of big enterprises also do not plan for a global audience.
Obstacles to the Success of Email Marketing:
- Low click-through rates – 53%
- No effective strategy – 41%
- Lack of hygiene of list – 28%
- No quality content – 32%
- No proper internal resources – 31%
How successful is the Email Marketing Strategy?
- Very much fruitful – 42%
- Somewhat fruitful – 47%
- Somewhat not fruitful – 10%
- Too bad – 1%
Marketers and Customers Communication:
- 35% of marketers send almost 3-5 emails every week.
- 31% of marketers vote for newsletters as one of the best tactics to nurture the relationship
- 85% of marketers use email marketing software.
Future of email marketing as per professionals:
- Stay the same – 40%
- Somewhat increase – 26%
- Somewhat decrease – 18%
- Greatly increase – 14%
- Greatly decrease – 2%
Email marketing growth in 2022 & Popular trend:
- The number of emails sent to increase over 347.3 billion emails by the year 2022.
- Promotional emails are popular emails among marketers.