- Posted On: Jul 21
- Posted By: John Duff
Insights to Understand a B2B Buyer
A B2B buyer is a buyer making a purchase decision on behalf of the company. It follows a series of events and processes before the final purchase is made.
Find the below infographic for more details:
1. B2B buyer comprises of:
- Up and comers (Age 18-35)
- Established buyers (Age 36-45)
- Seasoned executives (Age 46-60)
2. How does B2B buyer behave?
- 89% of up and comers buyer purchased B2B items online
- 68% of established buyers purchased B2B items online.
- 45% of seasoned executives bought corporate items online.
- 13% having a budget of $500 million purchase from supplier’s website.
3. Involvement in the B2B purchase decision:
- Millennials to comprise 44% of workforce by 2025.
- 73% of millennials involved in purchase decision.
4. Familiar with Amazon experience:
- 82% up and comers familiar with Amazon experience
- 63% of established buyers familiar with Amazon supply
- 57% of the seasoned executives familiar with Amazon supply
5. How B2B buyers execute research?
- 50% of B2B queries are executed on the smartphone
- The up and comers compare the prices 1-2 hrs before making final purchase
6. Research before purchase:
- 58% of up and comers did research on the tablets and mobile devices.
- 63% of established buyers did research on mobile and tablets.
- 26% of seasoned executives did research on tablets and mobile devices.
7. What do B2B buyers want?
- 64% of B2B buyers want vendors to offer insights for resolving challenges.
- 62% of B2B buyer want sales representative to demonstrate knowledge
8. The information B2B buyers need:
- 67% want easy access to competitive information
- 66% want website directly speaking to needs of industry
The B2B buyers are going to evolve in the coming years, with longer sales cycle. The infographic helps you understand their behavior for better results.