Brand Integrity Regaining the Power of Value!
Building a strong brand for your business is one of the biggest endeavors and decision you will make. The digital world is constantly evolving and as it does, marketers are increasingly being faced with the concept of maintaining and maximizing brand reputation. Integrity is what a brand lives and breathes by. All business owners live by their integrity as this drives who they are and how they are perceived in the marketplace.
As consumers we purchase products/services because we believe in a brand. We believe that somehow, Nike is better than Adidas, or perhaps The Body Shop may rank top while buying make-up as they market themselves against animal cruelty and testing. Whatever be the reason, research indicates that consumers are shopping with their personal values in mind.
Here is a quick evaluation of trigger points that has to be kept in mind while dealing with your companies most valued possession that’s brand!!
- The ingredients: So is it just page outlining your companies color palettes, fonts and logo treatment or a fifty page document that defines core messages, values, expectations and branding tools a Style Guide should be an important asset to build brand integrity.
- Commitment: Once the brand is in its place, nurture it. Compromising on brand assets is an absolute NO for sustainability issues.
- Consistency: Acknowledge the truth that everyone who works with and for you, understand your brand and culture. Be consistent and maintain the same level of standard both internally and externally to encourage business growth.
Maintaining Brand Integrity:
- The Wisdom of the Consumers:
The force of consumer insight may be so powerful; it could possibly replace dominant aspects of brand awareness such as, the brand message itself. Consumers with similar interests are gradually placing more trust in each other rather than the brand itself, therefore brand should monitor online discussion, be aware of mismatches and be able to actively engage with and address these conflicts.
- Dealing with negative brand voices:
Allowing the customers to speak about the brand can create creative, brand, consumer relationship however an amount of tension would hover for negative brand voices. Would negative reviews put customers off making a purchase? The honest answer is yes, maybe a little, but more importantly you need negative reviews to maintain brand integrity. There is nothing worse than being deemed fake.
- Connected social relationships:
As the concept of the Connected Consumer becomes more socially accepted plans are being rushed in order to counter the opinions of Connected Consumers. Though many brands are monitoring the buzz around their brand, very few are using this information effectively and engaging their audience in the social space.
Regaining the Power of Value!
Brands hold the power of regaining some degree of control and credibility. By embracing social platforms, they can provide a more rounded, accredited service. Rather than ignoring the concept of the Connected Consumer, brands should be offering the technology and platforms needed to encourage positive brand perception, strengthening brand integrity. As the digital landscape evolves, brands must develop and in order to do this, they must frequently evaluate the brand consumer relationship.